Learn how to wipe the Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (T859) through the hardware keys.
Wipe cache partition
If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Power/Lock key, tap Power off, and then tap OK to turn off the tablet.
- Press and hold the Power/Lock key and Up Volume key at the same time.
- Release the Power/lock key when the Samsung logo appears.
- Release the Up Volume keys when the Android image appears.
- When the menu appears, press the Down Volume key to select Wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power/Lock key.
- Once the message, “Cache wipe complete” appears on the screen below the menu, Press the Power/Lock key to select Reboot system now.