Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the Windows Phone 8X by HTC.
To manage the internal storage space, follow these steps:
Clear storage regularly
Clear the storage at least once a week:
- Delete the call logs
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS)
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history
- Manage applications
Move Files from phone to PC
- Connect the phone to your computer using the provided USB cable.
- Choose one of the following options:
- If you're using Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, open Windows Explorer from the taskbar.
- If you're using Windows 8, go to Desktop view, and then open File Explorer from the taskbar.
- In Windows Explorer or File Explorer, under 'Computer,' click your phone's name.
Note: The default device name is 'Windows Phone.'
- Double-click the Phone drive.
- Navigate to and open the folder that contains the file(s) you want to move.
- Transfer the file(s) from your device to a folder on your computer.
- When finished, safely disconnect the phone from the computer.
View free storage space
To view the amount of free internal storage, follow these steps:
- From the Start screen, touch the screen and slide left.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap phone storage.
- View the unused storage space information.
- Tap the usage bar for more details.