Learn how to share your mobile internet with other devices using the Windows Phone 8X by HTC.
Connection icon for mobile hotspot
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
|Mobile hotspot via Wi-Fi is turned on|
Set up mobile hotspot
To set up or configure a mobile hotspot over Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
Note: It is NOT possible to configure the following options:
- Allow/block specific devices
- Security type
- Number of maximum device connections
Turn on / off mobile hotspot
To turn on or turn off a mobile hotspot over Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
- From the Start screen, swipe left.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Internet sharing.
- Under Sharing, tap the slider to turn on or off Internet sharing.
Note: When turned on, the Mobile Hotspot icon appears in the status bar.
- Your phone starts broadcasting its Wi-Fi network name (SSID) so you can connect with up to 8 other devices and share your mobile network data connection.Your phone’s default broadcast name is HTC Windows Phone 8X by HTC[xxxx].