Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the T-Mobile G2.
Connection icons for tethering
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
|Tethering via USB is turned on|
Drivers for computers
To download and install device drivers for computers, follow these steps:
Your phone can share its mobile data connection with a single computer over a USB cable. When you connect your phone to a computer with a USB cable, you can either tether or access files on the phone’s memory card, but you cannot do both. If you want to use your computer to access the memory card, you must turn off tethering.
For Windows computers, you may need to install the HTC driver before you can tether. To install the driver, download it from:http://www.htc.com/us/support/t-mobile-g2/downloads/.
Tethering via USB
To connect the device internet to a computer via USB cable, follow these steps:
- Install the tethering drivers (above) if necessary.
- Connect your device to a computer using a USB cable.
- Tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Wireless & networks.
- Tap Tethering & portable hotspot.
- Tap USB tethering to select (turn on) the check box.
- Your phone is now sharing its mobile network data connection with your computer via the USB connection.