Learn how to unlock your wireless mobile device for use on other carriers (formerly "SIM Unlock").
- Your device and account must meet the eligibility requirements below.
Click here to log into your T-Mobile account to View phone details and Check status of device unlock to see if you qualify.
- You must be the billing responsible party or authorized user to request an unlock.
- Dial *#06# on your device and write down the IMEI number that displays.
- Give us a call at 1-877-746-0909 or click here to schedule a callback or message us.
- Must be a T-Mobile device. T-Mobile cannot unlock a non-T-Mobile device.
- The device must not be reported as lost, stolen, or blocked.
- The account associated currently using the device must be in good standing.
- You have requested no more than two mobile device unlock codes per line of service in the last 12 months.
- T-Mobile may request proof of purchase or additional information in its discretion and certain other exceptions may apply.
- The device must have been active on the T-Mobile network for at least 40 days on the requesting line.
- The device must be paid in full.
- For canceled accounts, the account balance must be zero.
- The device must have been active on the account for at least one year;
- The Prepaid account using the device must have more than $100 in refills since device first use date.
- Deployed military personnel in good standing are eligible to have their devices unlocked upon provision of deployment papers.
- Exceptions to some or all requirements may apply in other circumstances for Business and Government Accounts.
- To obtain an unlock code for a non T-Mobile device you must contact the original mobile carrier or manufacturer.
- Not all devices are compatible with every mobile carrier, your device may not operate the same on a different carrier’s network once unlocked.
- For more information about T-Mobile’s network compatibility requirements, see Bring Your Own Device.