Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the T-Mobile myTouch by LG (E739).
Connection icons for tethering
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
|Tethering via USB is turned on|
Drivers for computers
To download and install device drivers for computers, follow these steps:
- Navigate to LG Product Support | LG U.S.A
- From the Drop-Down List, click myTouch LGE739.
- Click Software update & drivers.
- Click Download for the appropriate operating system:
- USB DRIVER for Windows
- USB DRIVER for MAC
- Follow any additional prompts.
Note: When you connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable, you can either tetheror access files on the phone’s memory card, but you cannot do both. If you want to use your computer to access the memory card, you must turn off tethering.
Tethering via USB
To connect the device internet to a computer via USB cable, follow these steps:
- Connect a USB cord to the phone, then to a computer.
- Touch the Back key. Important: Do NOT selectTurn on USB storage.
- From any Home screen, touch the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Wireless & networks.
- Touch Tethering & Wi-Fi sharing.
- Touch to select the USB tethering check box to enable.