Learn how to use the setup wizard on the T-Mobile Sonic 2.0 Mobile HotSpot LTE.
Prepare the battery and SIM card
Before using the device, you need to insert the battery and SIM card. To prepare the battery and SIM card, see these steps:
The first time you access the Mobile Hotspot Admin page, you will be taken through a required set up wizard and given the opportunity to change your Admin password, Wi-Fi network SSID, and W-Fi network password.
To access the Mobile Hotspot Admin page for the first time, follow these steps:
- Connect your Wi-Fi enabled computer to your Mobile Hotspot via Wi-Fi.
Note: Use your default SSID and Wi-Fi password to connect which are located on the white sticker next to the battery. Remove the back panel to see them.
- On your computer, double-click the Mobile HotSpot icon on your desktop or open a browser window and enter http://mobile.hotspot/.
- Enter your default password 'admin' and then click Log in.
- When the page opens, review the tips and click Next at bottom-right.
- Review the next set of tips and click Next at bottom-right.
- In the text field, enter your new, unique, Admin page password and then click Next.
Note: In the future, this password can be retrieved from your Mobile Hotspot device. On the device, press theLeft arrow or Right arrow keys to navigate to the Device info screen, press the Enter key, and then press theRight arrow button until you reach the Admin password screen.
- Enter a new name for your Mobile HotSpot (the SSID) that you’ll use to identify your connection from the list of available networks. When finished, click Next.
Note: In the future, this name can be retrieved from your Mobile Hotspot device. On the device, press the Left arrow or Right arrow keys to navigate to the Device info screen, press the Enter key, and view the Network Name screen.
- If desired, click Change Wi-Fi security password to change your default Wi-Fi password. Otherwise, your Wi-Fi password will remain the default password. When finished, click Finish.
Note: In the future, you can retrieve the password using your Mobile Hotspot device. On the device, press theLeft arrow or Right arrow keys to navigate to the Device info screen, press the Enter key, and press the Right arrow key until you arrive at the Password screen.
- Now, your Mobile HotSpot will automatically disconnect from your computer to enable you new settings. Reconnect your Wi-Fi enabled computer to your Mobile HotSpot using your new settings. When you have connected, click Refresh Page.
Note: If too much time elapses, you may have to log back in to the Admin page using your new Admin password that you just created.