Learn how to share your mobile internet with other devices using the T-Mobile Sonic 2.0 Mobile HotSpot LTE.
Connection icon for mobile hotspot
To determine when you have active Wi-Fi connections, refer to these icons:
|Wi-Fi is active and the indicated number of devices are connected to the Mobile HotSpot Wi-Fi network|
|Wi-Fi is not connected.|
Set up mobile hotspot
To connect your Wi-Fi enabled device to your Mobile Hotspot, follow these steps
- If necessary, remove the battery cover for your Mobile Hotspot and write down the default Network Name / SSIDand Password printed on the white label located next to the battery.
Note: If the sticker is missing or unreadable, the default SSID is T-Mobile Broadband## (where ## is the last 2 digits of the device IMEI) and the default password is the last 8 digits of the device IMEI.
- Replace the battery cover and then power on your Mobile Hotspot.
- On your computer, open the application you use to connect via Wi-Fi.
- Select the default SSID for your Mobile Hotspot.
Note: If you do not see your SSID, your Mobile Hotspot may have gone into sleep mode. Quickly press thePower key to wake the display.
- Enter the default password.
- Click OK.
- Your Mobile Hotspot’s Internet connection is now available to your connected computer.
Note: If your service is not already set up, open a web page on your computer and follow the on-screen prompts to set up your service. Otherwise, open a web page and browse.
Turn on / off mobile hotspot
We're sorry, but this is not an available feature for your device.