Learn how to use the task manager and free up memory on the T-Mobile myTouch Q by LG (C800).
To manage the internal memory, follow these steps:
Restart device regularly
Note: You should restart your phone at least once per day.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Tap Restart.
Reduce memory use
Note: If your phone is running slow, then you can reduce the amount of memory it is using.
- Remove widgets (Animated widgets and widgets that update information use the most memory)
- From the desired Home screen, touch and hold on the widget.
- Drag the widget over the Trash can icon and release your finger.
- Replace a Live wallpaper
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key and then tap Set wallpaper.
- Tap Home screen.
Note: Tap Home and lock screen if you set a Live wallpaper to the lock screen.
- Tap either Gallery or Wallpapers.
- Follow the prompts to set a new wallpaper that replaces the current Live wallpaper.
- Remove unused Home screens
- From any Home screen tap the Menu key and then tap Edit page.
- Touch and hold on the Home screen to be deleted.
- Drag your finger (and the Home screen) over the Trash can icon and release your finger.
Note: Manage your applications to keep your device running smoothly.
- Research and monitor new applications that you install
- Read Play Store application reviews before installing. Not all applications run smoothly on phones. Read customer reviews before downloading an application to see if it has a history of not working properly.
- If your device starts having problems after installing an application, consider uninstalling the application (See below: 'Uninstall third-party applications.'
- Keep applications updated
- From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Tap Play Store.
- Tap the Menu key and then tap My Apps.
Note: To keep your apps automatically updated, tap the Menu key, tap Settings, and then tap Auto-update apps to select the check box.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Tap Update [xx] to update all applications with updates available.
- Tap an individual application and then tap Update to update a single application.
- Uninstall third-party applications (see 'Uninstall App')
- Clear application cache and data (see 'Clear app cache and data')
- Clear recent applications
- Never install a third-party Task Manager or Battery Manager
- These applications interfere with how Android works
A task manager can view running apps and close them. To use the task manager, follow these steps:
We're sorry, but this feature is not available for this device.
View free memory
To view the amount of free internal memory, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, touch the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Applications.
- Touch Manage applications.
- Touch the All tab.
- View System memory at the bottom of the screen