Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the T-Mobile myTouch Q by LG (C800).
Connection icons for tethering
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
|Tethering via USB is turned on|
Drivers for computers
To download and install device drivers for computers, follow these steps:
Your phone can share its mobile data connection with a single computer via a USB cable.
Tethering works with Windows® 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista®, and Linux. For more information about tethering and operating systems, visit www.android.com/tether.
You must install the appropriate driver on your computer before you can tether. To install the driver, go tohttp://www.lg.com/us/mobile-phones/TMUS_Update/index.jsp.
Note: When you connect your phone to your computer with a USB cable, you can either tether or access files on the phone’s memory card, but you cannot do both. If you want to use your computer to access the memory card, you must turn off tethering.
Tethering via USB
To connect the device internet to a computer via USB cable, follow these steps:
- Connect a USB cord to the phone, then to a computer.
- Touch the Back key. Important: Do NOT select Turn on USB storage.
- From any Home screen, touch the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Wireless & networks.
- Touch Tethering & Wi-Fi sharing.
- Touch to select the USB tethering check box to enable.
- If prompted on a Windows XP computer, click Next to install the driver software via the Found New Hardware Wizard. If necessary, click Browse and navigate to My Computer or My Documents, then click Next.
- If prompted on a Mac OS X computer, click Network Preferences to set up the Android phone network interface. Click Apply.
- Your phone starts sharing its mobile network data connection with your computer via the USB cable.
- When finished, disable tethering and then safely disconnect the phone from the computer.