Learn how to customize the home screen on the Blackberry Bold 9900.
Add widget or shortcut
To add a widget or shortcut to the Home screen, follow these steps:
- Browse to a Web site, or touch and hold the item you want to create a shortcut for.
- Tap Mark as Favorite to add the item to the Favorites panel on the Home screen.
- If available, tap Add to Home Screen to add the item to the All panel on the Home screen.
Delete widget or shortcut
To delete a widget or shortcut from the Home screen, follow these steps:
- On the Home screen or in an application folder, touch and hold an application or folder icon.
- To delete an empty folder, tap Delete.Tap Delete again.
- To delete an application, tap Delete.If prompted, read the warning about deletion and tap Delete again.
- To hide an application or folder icon, tap Hide Icon. Tap Hide in all panels or Hide in this panel only. (To unhide a hidden application or folder icon, press the Menu key and select Show All Icons.)
Home screen wallpaper
To change the Home screen wallpaper picture, follow these steps:
- If necessary, touch the bottom of the Home screen to expand the Applications panel.
- Scroll to the All panel and tap the Options icon.
- Tap Display.
- Tap Home Screen Preferences.
- Tap Change Wallpaper.
- Navigate to and select the image you want to set as your wallpaper.
- Press the Menu key.
- Tap Set As Wallpaper.
Lock screen wallpaper
The lock screen wallpaper will be the same as the home screen wallpaper.