Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the HTC Amaze 4G.
Your phone can share its mobile data connection with a single computer over a USB cable. When you connect your phone to a computer with a USB cable, you can either tether or access files on the phone’s memory card, but you cannot do both. If you want to use your computer to access the memory card, you must turn off tethering.
For Windows computers, you may need to install the HTC driver before you can tether. To install the driver, download it from: http://www.htc.com/us/support/amaze4g-tmobile/downloads/.
- Install the tethering drivers (above) if necessary.
- Plug the small end of the USB cable into the USB/charging port on your phone.
- Plug the large end of the USB cable into the USB port of your computer.
- On your phone, a Choosea connection type message appears.
- Tap USB Tethering.
- Tap Done.
- Tap to select one of the following options:
- Windows - If prompted on a Windows XP computer, click Next to install the driver software viathe Found New Hardware Wizard. If necessary, click Browse and navigate to My Computer or My Documents, then click Next.
- Mac OS X - If prompted on a Mac OS X computer, click Network Preferences to set up the Android device network interface. Click Apply.
- Your phone is now sharing its mobile network data connection with your computer over the USB cable.
- When finished sharing, tap the Status bar and drag down, tap USB tethering, tap Charge only, and then tap Done.
- Safely disconnect the phone from the computer.