Learn how to share your mobile internet with other devices using the HTC Amaze 4G.
Connection icon for mobile hotspot
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
|Mobile hotspot via Wi-Fi is turned on|
Set up mobile hotspot
To set up or configure a mobile hotspot over Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
Note: Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot settings cannot be changed when Wi-Fi sharing is turned on.
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap More.
- Tap Tethering & Hotspot.
- If necessary, tap Mobile Hotspot to clear and turn off.
- Tap Mobile Hotspot settings.
- If desired, tap the Router name (SSID) text entry field to change the SSID.
- If desired, tap Security and tap one of the following options:
- WEP (128)
- WPA (TKIP)
- WPA2 (AES)
- If desired, tap the Password text entry field to change the password.
- Tap Manage users.
- Verify the Allowed users only check box is not selected.
- Tap Done.Turn off
- Turn on the hotspot to save settings.