Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the Nokia Lumia 710.
To manage the internal storage space, follow these steps:
Clear storage regularly
Note: Clear storage at least once per week.
- Check the available internal device storage (see 'View free storage space' below).
Use the following tips to clear more storage:
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS).
- Transfer pictures and media to a computer to remove them from the phone memory.
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history.
- Manage applications. See section below.
- Delete the call logs.
Monitor new applications that you install.
- If your device starts having problems after installing an application, consider uninstalling the application.
- Consider uninstalling apps using large amounts of ROM.
See also: Memory management: Windows Phone
View free storage space
To view the amount of free internal storage, follow these steps:
- From the Start screen, swipe left.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap about.
- View Total Storage and Available Storage.