Learn how to use Text to speech (which reads your messages out loud) on the T-Mobile Comet.
Set up & turn on
To set up and use Text to speech, follow these steps:
Download and install Voice data from the Android Marketplace.
Text to speech reads messages out loud, allowing you to listen to text or messages instead of reading them. To change Text-to-speech settings, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Voice input & output.
- Tap Text-to-speech settings.
- Tap Speech rate.
- Select one of the following options:
- Very fast
- Tap Language.8. Select one of the following options:
- English (United States)
- Spanish (Spain)
- French (France)
- Italian (Italy)
- If desired, tap the Always use my settings checkbox to override application settings.
- If desired, tap Listen to an example to listen to a speech example based on your settings.