Learn how to use voice commands on the T-Mobile Prism.
Open an app
We’re sorry, but this feature is not available on this particular device.
Voice dial a contact
To use voice dialing to call a contact, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Applications icon.
- Tap Voice Dialer.
- Say a command when the Voice Dialer displays the “Listening” prompt.
Example: Speak, “Call John Smith.”
- Tap OK.
- If you said a name with more than one match in Contacts, or if you stored more than one number for the contact, the phone prompts you to select the number. Confirm your selection.
Write a text message (SMS) with voice
To write and send a text message (SMS) using voice commands, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, tap Messaging.
- Open a new text message.
- Tap the Type to compose box.
- Tap on the Microphone.
- Speak out your message.
- Press Send.