Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the BlackBerry Q10.
To manage the internal storage space, follow these steps:
Clear storage regularly
Note: Clear storage at least once per week.
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS).
- Transfer pictures and media to a computer, and remove it from the phone memory.
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history.
- Clear Facebook app cache.
- Manage applications. See section below.
- Delete the call logs.
Adjust memory storage settings
Follow these tips to prevent your ROM storage from quickly filling up.
- Increase synchronization time interval:
- Navigate to Home screen 3 and then tap Setup.
- Tap Accounts.
- Tap the desired account.
- Tap the category (for example, Contacts).
- Swipe up on the screen. Tap the Sync interval field.
- Tap the desired setting (the larger the time value, the less ROM that is used).
Monitor new applications that you install
- If your device starts having problems after installing an application, consider uninstalling the application.
- Consider uninstalling apps using large amounts of ROM.
- Navigate to Home screen 1 and tap BlackBerry World.
- Tap the Menu icon at bottom-left and then tap My World.
- Tap My Apps & Games.
- Tap the Downloaded tab or else tap My Apps & Games and then tap Downloaded.
- Tap the desired application to check its size. View the File size value.
- Tap the Back < icon.
- Touch and hold on the desired application to be uninstalled. To uninstall the application, tap the Trash can icon and then tap Uninstall. The app is now listed in the Available tab.
Note: To permanently delete the application, tap Delete.
View free storage space
To view the amount of free internal storage, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, touch the Status bar and drag it down.
- Tap Settings.
- Swipe up and tap Storage and Access.
- Swipe up and tap Device storage details.
- View the Free storage space value.