Learn how to master reset the BlackBerry Q10 through the menu or hardware keys.
Master reset from settings menu
A master reset restores the original factory settings and may delete your personal data on the internal storage, such as downloads, ringtones, images, apps, contacts, and Visual Voicemail.
To perform a master reset, follow these steps:
- Back up all data on the internal memory.
- From any Home screen, touch the Status bar and drag it down.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Security and privacy.
- Tap Security wipe.
Note: You must decrypt you media card before the security wipe. Otherwise, the card will become inaccessible.
- Swipe up on the screen and enter blackberry into the text field and tap Delete Data.
- Follow any additional prompts.
Master reset with hardware keys
We're sorry, but this feature is not available on this device. To perform a master reset using the device, you must use the settings menu (see above). However, you can use BlackBerry Link to restore to factory settings by opening the Restore Device Data menu.