Learn how to customize text entry and default keyboard settings on the BlackBerry Q10.
Change default keyboard
We're sorry, but this feature is not available on this device. However, from an open text field, you can press the sym key to open a touch screen of symbols.
Tap the 1/2 and 2/2 to access all the symbols.
Enter symbols & numbers
To enter symbols and numbers with the keyboard, follow these steps:
- From an open text field, press and quickly release the alt key to enter a single symbol or number. Press the key containing the desired symbol or number.
- To enter two or more continuous symbols or numbers, press and hold the alt key until the box at top-right fills with blue. When finished entering text, press the alt key again to return to alphabet mode.
- While in alphabet mode, press and hold a key to see more symbols (If available. Not all keys contain extra symbols). Tap the desired symbol on the screen.
- From an open text field, press the sym key to open an on-screen version of available symbols.
- Press the sym key again to see more symbols.
- Tap the desired symbol or number. The on-screen symbols disappear. Repeat as necessary.
Text entry mode
To change the text entry or predictive text mode, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, touch the Status bar and drag it down.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Language and Input.
- Swipe up and tap Prediction and Correction.
- To turn on predictive text mode, tap the Show Predictions Switch to On. The Switch moves right and fills with color.
- To turn off predictive text mode, tap the Show Predictions Switch to Off. The Switch moves left and turns grey.
- Below, tap to adjust the Correction Behavior settings as desired.
Turn on / off haptic feedback
Haptic feedback is not supported on this device. We're sorry, but this feature is not available on this device.