Learn how to read status lights of the BlackBerry Q10.
To understand what the status light indicators and charging lights mean, refer to the following:
Your device comes with a Notification LED. The LED only flashes if you have turned it on for a notification category (for example, Text Messages). Also, the master LED Switch must be turned on. To review your LED notification settings, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, touch the Status bar and drag it down.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- If the master LED Switch (pictured below) is set to Off, then the LED notification light will fail to light up. This is true even if the LED Switch is set to On for an individual notification category (for example, Text Messages).
- If you want to turn on the Notification LED, tap the master LED Switch to On.
- Swipe up. Under 'Notifications / Alerts,' tap the desired notification or alert category (for example, Text Messages).
- Tap the LED Switch to On or Off for each desired notification category to turn the LED light on or off.
As an example, for the Text Messages category, when the Notification LED is turned on, it will flash red if you receive a new incoming text message.