Learn how to wipe the T-Mobile Comet through the hardware keys.
Wipe cache partition
If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
- Turn off the phone.
- Note: If the phone will not power down, remove the battery and reinsert it.
- Press and hold the Send key, Volume Up key, and Power key simultaneously.
- Release the keys when the following options appear on the screen.
- Apply SDcard: Update.zip
- Wipe data/Factory Reset
- Wipe Cache partition
- Press the Volume Down key to highlight Wipe Cache Partition.
- Press the Center key to select and start the wipe.
- Press the Center key again when the screen displays Reset Successful.
- The phone will restart.