Use these steps to use text to speech to have messages read out loud on the HTC One S.
Text to speech settings
- From any Home screen, tap the Apps icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Language & Keyboard.
- Tap Google Text-to-speech Engine.
- Tap Language.
- Select the desired language option.
- Tap Install voice data.
- If necessary, download the desired voice data.
- Tap the Back key, and then tap the Back key again.
- Scroll to 'General' and tap Speech rate.
- Select the desired rate.