Learn how to use Text to speech (which reads your messages out loud) on the HTC One S.
Set up & turn on
We're sorry, this feature is not available on this device; text-to-speech is already set up and enabled by default.
Text to speech reads messages out loud, allowing you to listen to text or messages instead of reading them. To change Text-to-speech settings, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Applications icon.
- Scroll to and tap Settings.
- Scroll to and tap Language & Keyboard.
- Tap Google Text-to-speech Engine.
- Tap Language.
- Select the desired language option.
- Tap Install voice data.
- If necessary, download the desired voice data.
- Tap the Back key, and then tap the Back key again.
- Under 'General,' tap Speech rate.
- Select the desired rate.