Learn how to use the task manager and free up memory on the HTC One S.
To manage the internal memory, follow these steps:
Restart the device regularly
Note: You should restart the phone at least once a day.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- Tap Restart.
Reduce memory use
- Prevent the memory from being filled as quickly:
- If the device is slow, remove the widgets from Home screens (especially ones that update with information or have animation).
- If you are using a live wallpaper and the device is slow, turn off the live wallpaper.
- Remove all unused Home screens
- Pinch the Home screen.
- On the grid of Home screens, touch and hold the unused screen.
- Slide screen over Remove and release your finger.
A task manager can view running apps and close them. To use the task manager, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Applications icon.
- Scroll to and tap Task Manager.
- Scroll to and select the application you want to close.
- Tap Disable.
- Tap OK.
View free memory
To view the amount of free internal memory, follow these steps:
- Touch the Notification bar and slide down.
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Scroll to 'Phone,' and tap Apps.
- Tap the Running tab.
- View the RAM usage bar at the top of the screen.
Note: Above the bar, XXX MB / XXX MB will display.