Learn how to view free space and free up storage on the HTC One S.
To manage the internal storage space, follow these steps:
Clear storage regularly
- Clear the storage at least once a week.
- Delete unnecessary text messages (SMS) and picture messages (MMS).
- Transfer pictures and media to a computer, and remove from the phone memory.
- Clear the browser cache, cookies, or history.
- Clear Facebook app cache.
- Delete the call logs.
Set the device to manage some memory
- Set the text message limit to delete messages automatically.Note: The default is 200 text and 20 picture messages. You may use this setting to start with, and decrease it if you continue to have problems.
- Change the setting for email synchronization to download only for the past three days.
- Keep managing any applications that you install to keep the system running properly
- If you notice the device having some problems and you installed apps in the past few days, then uninstall all the new apps. Most device problems are actually caused by app errors.
- View other applications that are using storage or memory
- When in Task Manager, tap Sort, and then tap Memory.
- For apps that take up a lot of space, clear the application cache and data.
- For apps that continue to use a lot of your storage space, uninstall them by tapping the app name, then Uninstall.
View free storage space
To view the amount of free internal storage, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Applications icon.
- Scroll to and tap Task Manager.
- View the usage bar at the top of the screen.
Note: Above the bar, XXX MB / 1.0 GB will display.