Learn how to uninstall and clear cache for apps on the Google Nexus 4.
Clear app cache and data
Clearing cache or data from an app can fix some software problems. If you clear data, any data stored in that app is lost, such as settings, login information, and saved games. If you don't want to clear the data, try just clearing cache first. If you still experience problems, then clear data too.
To clear the cache and data for an app, follow these steps:
- From the Setting menu, touch Apps or Application Manager.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Apps.
- If necessary, swipe left or right to the appropriate screen:
- Tap the desired application
- Tap Clear cache, and then tap OK.
- Tap Clear data, then tap OK.