Learn how to lock and unlock the Google Nexus 4.
Change device lock password / PIN
To change device lock password or PIN, follow these steps:
Turn on / off device lock
To turn on or turn off the device lock password or PIN, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the All apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Security.
- Tap Screen lock.
- Tap one of the following options:
- Face Unlock or Smart Lock
- None (To turn off screen lock.)
- Note: If you have enabled the screen lock, you will have to enter your pattern, PIN, or password first in order to select None.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the desired screen lock option.