Learn how to customize text entry and default keyboard settings on the Google Nexus 4.
Change default keyboard
To change the default keyboard, follow these steps:
- From the home screen, tap the All apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to 'Personal,' then tap Language & input.
- Under 'Keyboard & input methods,' tap Current Keyboard.
- Tap CHOOSE KEYBOARDS, then tap Keyboard to select.
- Tap the Back icon, select Current Keyboard again.
- Your keyboard selection will appear.
- Tap your selected keyboard to change your default keyboard.
Enter symbols & numbers
To enter symbols and numbers with the keyboard, follow these steps:
- Tap a text entry field.
- Tap ?123 to switch to symbols and numbers.
- Tap the =\< key for more symbol options.
- Tap ABC to switch back to text entry.
Text entry mode
To change the text entry mode, follow these steps: