Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the T-Mobile myTouch 4G.
Connection icons for tethering
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
|Tethering via USB is turned on|
Drivers for computers
To download and install device drivers for computers, follow these steps:
- Connect the USB cable to the phone and a USB port on the computer.
- On the phone, touch and drag the Notification bar down.
- If it is not set to Disk drive, tap Select to change USB connection type.
- Tap Disk drive.
- Tap Done.
- On the computer, wait for a Removable Disk window to appear on the screen.
- Double-click Open folder to view files using Windows Explorer.
- Locate the HTCdriver.exe file on the memory card.
- Double-click the HTCdriver.exe file.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the driver.
- Disconnect the USB cable from the computer.
- Restart the computer after the driver install has completed.
- Once restarted, reconnect the USB cable to the computer.
- Touch and drag the Notification bar down.
- Tap Select to change USB connection type.
- Tap USB tethering.
- Tap Done.
Tethering via USB
To connect the device internet to a computer via USB cable, follow these steps:
- Install the tethering drivers (above) if necessary.
- Connect a USB cord to the phone, then to a computer.
- Touch the Status bar and drag down.
- Touch Disk drive.
- Touch USB tethering.
- Touch Done.
- If necessary, touch Windowsor Mac OS X.