Learn how to share your mobile internet with other devices using the T-Mobile myTouch 4G.
Connection icon for mobile hotspot
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
|Mobile hotspot via Wi-Fi is turned on|
Set up mobile hotspot
To set up or configure a mobile hotspot over Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
Note: Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot settings cannot be changed when Wi-Fi sharing is turned on.
- From the Home screen, touch the App Drawer
- Touch Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- Touch OK.
- Touch the Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot check box.
- If necessary, read message and tap OK.
- If desired, tap Security and select one of the following options:
- WEP (128)
- WPA (TKIP)
- WPA2 (AES)
- If desired, tap the Password field to change the password.
- Tap Manage users.
- Select or clear the Allowed users only bubble.
- Tap the Max connections field and select the desired setting.
- Tap Done.