To perform a master reset on your handset, follow these steps:
- A master reset restores the original factory settings and can erase all downloaded content, including ringtones, camera images, contacts stored in the handset memory, and JavaTM applications. It does not erase data stored on the SIM card or memory card (if available). Back up all necessary data on the handset memory before proceeding.
- From the main screen, select Menu.
- Scroll to and select Settings.
- Scroll to and select Rest. factory sett..
- Select Restore settings only or Restore all.
- Restore all erases contacts and downloads saved in the handset memory.
- Select Continue.
- Enter the security code for the handset.
- If you have not already set your security password, you must create a password at this time. Select Menu, Settings, Security, Access codes, Change security code.
- Select OK.