Learn how to use safe mode on the Google Nexus 4 through the hardware keys.
Turn on and use safe mode
Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily remove all apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.
To turn on safe mode and use it to fix app problems, follow these steps:
Turn on safe mode
- Press the Power button on your device.
- Touch & hold the Power off option in the dialog box.
- Touch OK in the following dialog to start safe mode.
Uninstall third party applications
Turn off safe mode
To turn off safe mode, follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Power to display Phone options.
- Touch and hold Power off to view 'Restart in Safe Mode' message.
- Tap OK to restart in Safe mode.