Learn how to save battery life on the T-Mobile myTouch by Huawei.
Battery saving mode
To turn on, turn off, or use battery life saving features on the device, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Power saving mode.
Battery saving mode settings
We're sorry, this function is not available for your device.
Tips to save battery life
To save and extend battery life, follow these steps:
- See what features are using your battery:
- From the Home screen, press the Menu key.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch About phone.
- Touch Battery.
- Touch Battery use.
- You may reduce your usage of the top battery consuming features in order to extend battery life.
- Compare the talk time with the device’s specifications to ensure it is not a limitation of the device.
Note: See What to expect above, because your talk-time and standby time will not be as long.
- Install any available updates for applications in the Google Play Store.
- If your battery is starting to lose some capacity over time, consider replacing it with a manufacturer approved battery.
- Search the device space for documents or known issues about battery life.
Lower screen brightness and timeout duration
Turn off Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, Portable Wi-Fi Hotspot
Change application sync settings
Turn off background data
Minimize use of third party applications
Toggle from 4G to 2G
Update to the latest software
Set device to sleep when unused
Press and then quickly release the Power key to set the screen to sleep mode.