Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit 4G.
Connection icons for tethering
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
|USB tethering is active|
Drivers for computers
To download and install device drivers for computers, follow these steps:
Your phone can share its mobile data connection with a single computer via a Use a USB cable to share your phone’s mobile data connection with a single computer.
To use your phone’s Wi-Fi sharing capability, you must have a Tethering and Wi-Fi Sharing service plan. Tethering works with Windows® 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista®, and Mac OS X. For more information on tethering with operating systems, go to www.android.com/tether.
For Windows XP, you must install the tethering driver on your computer before you can tether. To install the driver, go to www.samsung.com/us/support/downloads.
When you use a USB cable to connect your phone to a computer, you can EITHER share your mobile data connection by tethering OR you can share files—you cannot do both. Do not turn on tethering if you want to use your computer to access your phone’s memory card in order to share files.
Tethering via USB
To connect the device internet to a computer via USB cable, follow these steps:
- Connect a USB cord to the phone, then to a computer.
- If necessary, tap the Home key or the Back key (do NOT select a USB mode).
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Wireless and network.
- Tap Tethering and portable hotspot.
- Tap to select the USB tethering check box.
- Read the alert and tap OK.
- Your phone starts sharing its mobile network data connection with your computer via the USB connection.
- When done, safely disconnect the device from the computer.