Learn how to wipe the T-Mobile myTouch by Huawei through the hardware keys.
Wipe cache partition
If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
- Turn off the phone.
- Remove the battery, wait a few seconds, and then re-insert the battery.
- At the same time, simultaneously press and hold the Volume Up key the Power key.
- Continue to hold the Volume Up and Power keys for up to 20 seconds.
- When you see the screen with the Android and the exclamation point images, release the Volume Up and Power key.
- Press the Volume Down key to select wipe cache partition.
- Press the Power key.
- With reboot system now highlighted, press the Power key.