Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the T-Mobile myTouch by Huawei.
Connection icons for tethering
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
|Tethering via USB is turned on|
Drivers for computers
To download and install device drivers for computers, follow these steps:
Your phone can share its mobile data connection with a single computer over a USB cable.
Tethering works with Windows® 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista®, Mac OS X, and Linux. For more information about tethering and operating systems, visit www.android.com/tether.
For Windows XP, you must have the appropriate driver installed on your computer before you can tether. To learn more, go to www.android.com/tether.
- Note: When you connect your phone to a computer with a USB cable, you can EITHER tether OR access files on the phone’s memory card, you cannot do both. If you want to use your computer to access the memory card, you must turn off tethering.
Tethering via USB
To connect the device internet to a computer via USB cable, follow these steps:
- Connect a USB cord to the phone, then to a computer.
- If necessary, tap the Home key or the Back key (do NOT select a USB mode).
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Wireless & networks.
- Tap Tethering and Mobile HotSpot.
- Tap to select the USB tethering check box.
- Read the alert and tap OK.