Learn how to file a claim if your device is covered by JUMP! with Premium Device Protection or Device Protection. Only the Primary Account Holder or an authorized user on the account can file a claim. Claims must be reported within 90 days of the incident, unless state law requires additional time.
File a claim
- Make sure you have the following information ready:
- Your mobile number
- The make and model of your device
- The date the incident occurred. Additional information may be required, such as:
- Proof of ownership and/or a government-issued ID
- If stolen, the police report number. Learn how to report your phone as lost or stolen to prevent unauthorized usage.
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.
- Select PHONE at the top of the page.
- If more than one phone is on your account, you'll need to select the name/phone number from the drop-down menu that is connected to the phone for which you're filing a claim.
- Access the claims website from either your device or computer:
- From your mobile device, scroll to and select File a damage claim.
- From your computer, select the desired line of service and then File Damage claim.
- Depending on the type of device protection you haves, you'll be taken to either the Assurant or Asurion website. The two company names sound similar, so make sure you know which website you're on before proceeding with the next steps below.
|If you're taken to Assurant:||If you're taken to Asurion:|
For more information about filing your claim or tracking your claim status, call Assurant at 1-866-866-6285.
For more information about filing your claim or tracking your claim status, call Asurion at 1-866-268-7221.
Mechanical breakdown/warranty claims are processed by T-Mobile if your device is malfunctioning due to a defect in materials or workmanship. Contact T-Mobile Customer Service to request your replacement phone or device. Other claims (accidental damage, loss, or theft) are processed by the claim center.
Who do I contact to cancel a claim or ask questions about my claim status?
If you find your phone and need to cancel your claim, you can contact the claim center below. They are also available to answer questions about your claim status, deductible, or other information.
There are two different companies that provide device protection so you’ll want to be sure that you select the right one for you. If you are unsure which claim center is correct, check out the email that was sent to you when you filed your claim. Alternatively, you can also follow the instructions above to file a claim, and you will be directed to the correct provider.