Learn how to file a claim if your device is covered by device protection or JUMP!. Only the Primary Account Holder or an authorized user can file a claim. Claims must be reported within 90 days of the incident unless state law requires additional time.
File a claim
When you need help, you need it fast! Depending on the type of claim you need to file, you'll have different steps to follow. Check out the available options below:
Accidental damage, loss, and theft
- Make sure you have the following information ready:
- Your mobile number
- The make and model of your device
- The date the incident occurred, including the last time you used the device.
- Additional information may be required, such as:
- Proof of ownership and/or a government-issued ID
- If stolen, the police report number. Learn how to report your phone as lost or stolen to prevent unauthorized usage.
- Go to My T-Mobile and log in to your account.
- Select PHONE at the top of the page.
- If more than one phone is on your account, select the name/phone number from the drop-down menu connected to the device you're filing a claim.
- Select File a claim or File damage claim or Report lost or stolen. A details window appears providing the next steps required.
- Once you confirm the selection, you'll be redirected to the claims website at mytmoclaim.com.
- Ensure the mobile number is the correct one for the damaged, lost or stolen device. If it isn't, go to My T-Mobile and choose the correct mobile number from the drop-down menu and follow the above steps again.
- Follow the step-by-step directions on the Assurant website to file your claim.
- For more information about filing your claim or tracking your claim status, call Assurant at 1-866-866-6285.
- Hardware service or mechanical breakdown/warranty claims are processed by T-Mobile if your device is malfunctioning due to a defect in materials or workmanship. Contact T-Mobile Customer Service to request your replacement phone or device.
- Other claims (accidental damage, loss, or theft) are processed by the claim center.
Who do I contact to cancel a claim or ask questions about my claim status?
- If you find your phone and need to cancel your claim, you can contact the claim center below.
- The claim center can answer questions about your claim status, deductible, or other information.
If you don't see your device protection product, check out Asurion for further assistance: