Learn how to use the setup wizard on the Samsung Galaxy Exhibit ™.
Prepare the battery and SIM card
Before using the device, you need to insert the battery and SIM card. To prepare the battery and SIM card, see these steps:
After turning on your device the first time, you may see a setup wizard to help you set up your device. To do this initial setup, follow these steps:
- If necessary, tap English and then select your desired language.
- Tap Start.
- Read the Wi-Fi Calling information. Tap Learn more to read more. Otherwise, tap Skip.
- After learning about Wi-Fi Calling, you have the option to connect to a Wi-Fi network. If desired, tap an available Wi-Fi network to connect. Tap Skip to connect to a Wi-Fi network later.
- From the 'Samsung account' screen, choose one of the following options:
- If you have a Samsung account, tap Sign in to sign in to your account. Follow the prompts
- If you want to open a new Samsung account, tap Create new account and then follow the prompts.
- Tap Skip to log into or create a Samsung account later.
- Tap Yes to log in to your Gmail account. Tap No if you do not have a Gmail account. If you tap No, when the next screen opens, tap Get an account to open a new Google account and then follow the prompts. Otherwise, tap Not now to open a Google account later.
- Read the 'Google & location' information. If desired, tap the two check boxes to clear the check box and turn off location reporting.
Note: You can change the location settings at any time.
Tap the Next arrow when finished.
- If desired, enter your name in the First and Last in the fields. This information will be added to your device profile located in the Contacts app.
- Tap the Next arrow. If you did not enter your name, tap the Next arrow again.
- If desired, tap the check box to select the check box and turn on Easy mode.
Note: To turn off Easy mode after you have finished the setup wizard, follow these steps: From any Home screen, tap the Menu key, tap Settings, tap Home screen mode, tap Basic mode, and then tap Apply. Tap OK.
- Tap Finish.
- Read the System Manager Application information. If desired, tap More information. Otherwise, tap Close.
- Read the tip and tap OK. Your device will open to Home screen 3 (the middle / default Home screen).
Note: If you want to increase the amount of time it takes for the screen to turn off, follow these steps: From any Home screen, tap the Menu key, tap Settings, tap Display, tap Screen timeout, and then tap the desired setting.