When the going gets tough, the tough get device protection! If you already have Premium Device Protection and need to file a claim, find out how.
On this page:
You want to protect that investment, right?!!! Well, we have you covered, check out our current device protection plans to find one that best meets your needs. But if you already have Premium Device Protection (PDP) or one of its relatives and want more details about your plan, read on!
We have some varied options when it comes to PDP. The device protection on your mobile number may go by a different name, but the coverage remains the same; PDP covers the replacement of the device in the event of hardware service/mechanical breakdown issues, accidental damage, loss and theft, even after the manufacturer's warranty expires. We like nicknaming our favorite things, and Premium Device Protection may go by 'PDP' or 'Premium Device Protection Plus' or that Plus may also include 'JUMP'. No matter which name it goes by, without protection, you may be responsible for the full replacement cost of your device, and that is not a favorite!
Things to keep in mind
Want more deets about coverage, check out the Assurant's program info page on mytmoclaim.com. If you have already have Premium Device Protection, read on...
- This plan covers the device, standard charger, standard battery and SIM card (when applicable to the device).
- The accessories are covered if part of the original device purchased and only in the event of the simultaneous loss or theft of both, the device and the accessory.
- Other accessories, routers, and netbooks are not covered.
- Warranty exchanges are completed by T-Mobile for device manufacturer defects that could occur within the manufacturer's warranty period. contact us if you're experiencing a warranty issue.
- Maximum of two approved claims within a 12-month period for claims of accidental damage, loss, or theft (subject to your service fee/deductible). Any accidental damage claims serviced through AppleCare Services will count toward this limit.
- No maximum on the amount of replacements for hardware service claims.
- Once your claim is approved by Assurant, your replacement device will be shipped next business day (if available), at no additional charge. You'll have 10 days to return your damaged device. Otherwise, you'll be charged an unrecovered equipment fee of up to $1,200. Instructions on how to return the device and prepaid shipping materials will be provided.
- Your device will be replaced with a reconditioned device of like type and quality. If a reconditioned device is not available, we will replace it with a new device of like type and quality.
|What do you get?||Premium Device Protection / JUMP!|
PDP Plus / JUMP Plus
Convenient claim filing
File your claim quickly and easily, either online, by phone at 1-866-866-6285 or through the Tech PHD app.
You're covered for hardware service/mechanical breakdown issues, accidental damage, loss, and theft. Device accidentally dropped in water? Covered! Keypad stopped working? Covered!
Replacement warranty coverage
Every replacement device comes with a six-month warranty or the original manufacturer's warranty, whichever is longer.
Low fees and deductibles
You'll know exactly what you're going to pay for the replacement device, and you won't pay the full replacement cost for a device.
Available for eligible Apple devices with service and support direct from Apple®. More details below...
Available on EIP devices after 12 months or when 50 percent of the EIP device balance has been paid.
Tech PHD by Assurant
Use it to file a claim or get support for your connected devices like routers, game consoles, and smart TVs.
If you have an eligible Apple device, then you may already have AppleCare Services included with your device protection. But why so many things? To keep your device in tip top shape! AppleCare Services gives eligible Apple devices service and support, direct from Apple®.
- Your Apple device is eligible for AppleCare Services during the first 24 months from the date enrolled, and as long as plan coverage remains uninterrupted. Under AppleCare Services, the accidental damage screen-only repair deductible is $29. A deductible of $99 for iPhone screen damage will apply if service is lost due to non-payment or device ineligibility.
- The $29 accidental damage screen-only repair deductible does not apply after the first two accidental damage claims or after 24 months from the coverage effective date, whichever occurs first. The deductible is $99 for all other accidental damage claims.
- Once the Apple device is no longer eligible for AppleCare Services, claims obligations will be provided by another authorized repair center.
- 24/7 priority access to AppleCare award-winning technical support via chat or phone.
- Software support for iOS, iCloud, and Apple-branded iOS apps.
- Hardware coverage for your Apple device, battery, and included accessories.
- Access to lower service fees: for iPhone - $29 for screen damage, or $99 for any other iPhone accidental damage; for iPad - $49 for accidental damage.
- Apple-certified repair or replacement with Express Replacement Service.
- Service at Apple Stores and Apple Authorized Service Providers.
Open enrollment in Premium Device Protection is no longer available. If you are interested in enrolling in device protection, check out our current plan, Protection<360>!
You can enroll in several ways:
Use these steps to check if you have Premium Device Protection.
Once your claim is approved, a service fee/deductible (based on your device tier and the type of claim) will be collected from you by credit card, debit card or eCheck.
For complete plan details, including benefits, exclusions, deductibles, limits, and disclosures, visit mytmoclaim.com.