Learn how to wipe the T-Mobile Prism II through the hardware keys.
Wipe cache partition
If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Up keys simultaneously.
- Continue to hold the keys past the T-Mobile splash screen.
- Release all keys when the Android system recovery screen appears.
- Press the Volume Down key to highlight 'wipe cache partition.'
- Press the Power key to select.
- Once the device shows cache wipe complete, press the Power key to select 'reboot system now.'
- The phone will automatically restart.