Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the [Device Name].
Connection icons for tethering
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
|Tethering via USB is turned on|
Drivers for computers
To download and install device drivers for computers, follow these steps:
- On your computer, open the webpage http://samsung.com/kies.
- Click Download for Windows.
- Follow the prompts to download and install the drivers
Tethering via USB
To connect the device internet to a computer via USB cable, follow these steps:
- Connect a USB cord to the phone, then to a computer.
- If necessary, tap the Home key or the Back key (do NOT select a USB mode).
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Under Wireless and network, tap More.
- Tap Tethering and Mobile HotSpot.
- Tap to select the USB tethering check box.
- Read the alert and tap OK.
- When done, safely disconnect the device from the computer.
- Your phone starts sharing its mobile network data connection with your computer via the USB connection.