Learn how to uninstall and clear cache for apps on the Samsung Galaxy S 4G.
Clearing cache or data from an app can fix some software problems. If you clear data, any data stored in that app is lost, such as settings, login information, and saved games. If you don't want to clear the data, try just clearing cache first. If you still experience problems, then clear data too.
To clear the cache and data for an app, follow these steps:
- From the Home screen, press Menu.
- Touch Settings.
- Touch Applications.
- Touch Manage Applications.
- Press Menu.
- Touch Filter.
- Touch All.
- Find and touch the desired application.
- Touch Clear Cache and Clear Data.
To uninstall third-party apps, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Applications.
- Tap Manage applications.
- Locate and tap the application you want to delete or uninstall.
- Tap Uninstall.
- Tap OK.
- Tap OK again to confirm.