Learn how to wipe the Samsung Galaxy S 4G through the hardware keys.
Wipe cache partition
If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
- Turn off the phone.
- Note: If the phone will not power down, remove the battery and reinsert it.
- Hold the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power Key simultaneously.
- Release the keys when the Android recovery screen appears.
- Press the Volume Down key to highlight Wipe Cache Partition.
- Press the Power key or Home key (this varies based on the software version of your phone) to select.
- The phone will display Cache Wipe Complete after a few seconds.
- Press the volume keys to highlight Reboot System Now.
- Press the Power key to select.