Learn how to manage multitasking and switch windows on the Samsung Galaxy Note II (T889).
Turn on / off multitasking
To turn on or turn off multitasking, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, touch the Status bar and drag it down.
- To turn on, tap Multi window. The icon fills with color.
- To turn off, tap Multi window. The icon is removed of color.
To switch tasks or windows, follow these steps:
- If necessary, turn on Multi window mode.
- From any screen, touch and hold on the Back key. The Multi window menu pops out from the left side of the screen.
- If necessary, swipe up or down on the Multi window to access the desired application.
Note: Tap Edit to change your Multi window configuration.
- Tap the desired application to open the application.
A small Multi window tab will still be visible on the left side of the screen. To open the Multi window again, touch the tab and drag your finger right.
- To open the next application, touch and hold on the application. Drag your finger over to the screen and release your finger.
- Touch and drag the Resize icon to change the window size.
- Tap the Switch app location icon to switch the order of the apps.
- To close an application, tap the Square icon (located to the right of the Switch app location icon).
- To hide the Multi window tab, touch and hold the Back key again.