Learn how to connect to NFC on the Samsung Galaxy Note II (T889).
Read NFC tag
To read the NFC tag information from another NFC device or a printed tag, follow these steps:
- Turn on NFC on your device.
- Place the rear of your phone against the rear of the other device or against the printed tag. Your device should vibrate or sound a confirmation depending on your settings.
- If necessary, follow any prompts (for example, if you are receiving a contact, you must select where to save the contact).
Turn on / off NFC
To turn on or turn off NFC, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the Connections tab.
- To turn on, tap the NFC Switch to On. The Switch moves right and turns green.
- To turn off, tap the NFC Switch to Off. The Switch moves left and turns grey.
Note: If necessary, tap the S Beam Switch to On or Off.