Learn how to wipe the Samsung Galaxy S II through the hardware keys.
Wipe cache partition
If the phone is not working correctly, you may need to master reset it and also clear the cache partition. These two resets clear different parts of the phone storage. Unlike a master reset, wiping the cache partition does not delete your personal data.
To wipe the cache partition, follow these steps:
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold both Volume Up and Volume Down keys at the same time.
- Press the Power key only until the phone vibrates once, then release only the Power key.
- Continue to hold the Volume up and Volume Down keys until the Android System Recovery screen appears.
- Press the Volume Down key to highlight wipe cache partition.
- Press the Home or Power key to select.
- Make sure Reboot System Now is highlighted and press the Home (or Powerkey to reboot.