Learn how to share your mobile data connection over a USB cable using the Samsung Galaxy S II.
Connection icons for tethering
When your device is sharing the mobile internet connection, refer to the following:
|Tethering via USB is turned on|
Drivers for computers
To download and install device drivers for computers, follow these steps:
Important: You must use the USB cable that comes with your phone.
Tethering works with Windows® 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista®, and Mac OS X. For more information about tethering and operating systems, visit www.android.com/tether.
You must install the appropriate driver on your computer before you can tether. To install the driver, go to http://tinyurl.com/GS2Tether
Tethering via USB
To connect the device internet to a computer via USB cable, follow these steps:
- Connect a USB cord to the phone, then to a computer.
- If necessary, tap the Home key or the Back key (do NOT select a USB mode).
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap More settings.
- Tap Tethering and Mobile HotSpot.
- Tap to select the USB tethering check box.
- Read the alert and tap OK.
- When done, safely disconnect the device from the computer.