Learn how to use voice commands on the Samsung Galaxy S II.
Open an app
To open apps using voice commands, follow these steps:
We're sorry, but this feature is not available for this device.
Voice dial a contact
To use voice dialing to call a contact, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap Application .
- Tap Voice Talk.
- Tap Confirm.
- Tap Agree.
- Tap Next to read information about how to use Voice Talk or tap Skip to go directly to the application.
- Tap Tap & Speak or say “Hi Galaxy”.
- Tap Call.
- Speak Call [contact name].
- Tap the contact, if necessary.
Write a text message (SMS) with voice
To write and send a text message (SMS) using voice commands, follow these steps:
- From any Home screen, tap Messaging.
- Tap the Compose icon.
- Enter the recipient’s phone number or name, or tap the Contacts icon to select a contact from one of the following:
- Call logs
- Tap the text entry box.
- Tap on the Microphone icon.
- Say message that you would like to send.
- When done, tap the Send icon.