Learn how to use the Mobile Device Unlock code of the LG Optimus L9.
SIM unlock phone
The Mobile Device Unlock code allows the device to use a SIM card from another wireless carrier. This may be necessary when traveling internationally. To enter the Mobile Device Unlock code, follow these steps:
Important: Stop if you receive an error message. The device may lock permanently if you enter the incorrect code multiple times.
- See if your phone is eligible to unlock: Mobile Wireless Device Unlocking.
- Contact Customer Care to request the Mobile Device Unlock code for your phone.
- From any Home screen, tap the Phone icon.
- Verify the IMEI by typing *#06#.
- Insert T-Mobile or Non T-Mobile SIM card in to the device. Once the device is powered on the screen should display Invalid SIM card Network lock.
- Tap the Dialer.
- Enter 2945#*769# (after inputting this a pop up box will appear).
- Select Network Lock.
- Enter in the unlock code.
- Tap Done.
- Tap Unlock.
- If you receive any error messages after attempting to permanently or temporarily unlock your device, contact customer care to inform them of the issues you are receiving.