Learn how to use safe mode on the LG Optimus L9 through the hardware keys.
Turn on and use safe mode
Safe mode allows you to turn on the device with third-party apps disabled. Then you can easily remove all apps that may be causing a conflict or software problem.
To turn on safe mode and use it to fix app problems, follow these steps:
Turn on safe mode
- While the phone is powered off, press the Power button to turn on the device.
- Press and hold the Volume down key when the T-Mobile boot up screen appears.
- Device will boot into Safe mode.
Uninstall third party applications
- From any Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Tap System Settings.
- Tap Apps to arrive at the Downloaded screen.
- Tap the desired app.
- Tap Uninstall and then tap OK.
Turn off safe mode
To turn off safe mode, follow these steps:
- While in Safe mode, press and hold the Power button.
- Tap Restart.
- Tap OK to restart.