Music Freedom™ lets you stream all the music you want from participating streaming services with your mobile device without using data. Depending on your plan, you automatically get Music Freedom and at no additional charge.
Music Freedom is already included with the following:
- Simple Choice North America™
- Simple Choice North America No Credit Check
- Simple Choice™
- Simple Choice No Credit Check
- Pay in Advance (Prepaid)
- Pay in Advance Mobile Internet
Some of our Classic plans also include Music Freedom. To find out if Music Freedom is included in your plan, open the T-Mobile app on your device, go to USAGE & PLANS, and then select View plan details.
Music Freedom includes these music streaming services:
* These services also include video and are part of Binge On.
† These services might download song data to your device for offline listening, counting against your data allotment. To avoid this, make sure any available offline, download, or similar option is unchecked for any song, playlist, or album shown.
We’re adding more services all the time, so check back frequently. If there's a music streaming service you think should be part of Music Freedom, tweet us your favorite service @TMobile #MusicFreedom.
Things to keep in mind:
- To stream music without using data, you need to use the specific music streaming app on your device (and not stream to devices using Mobile Hotspot or tethering).
- If you're on a Simple Choice North America rate plan, the music streaming services with Music Freedom still don't count against your data allotment while traveling in Mexico or Canada. International availability of streaming services does vary, so make sure to check with your streaming service provider before you go.
- If you're roaming domestically, you're subject to roaming data limits.
- If traveling internationally and you're on a Simple Choice plan, you already enjoy unlimited data in 140+ countries and destinations. Streaming with Music Freedom while abroad never counts against your domestic high-speed data, but you should always check with the streaming provider for regional availability.
- Most music streaming includes small amounts of non-music streaming data, such as album art and pic advertisements. This non-music data does count against your high-speed data bucket. The amount of data varies by streaming partner and the device being used. If you stream music for hours at a time, you can expect to see an increase in your data usage.
- When connected to Wi-Fi, your device uses zero data regardless of your streaming choices.